The newly-formed union SPK-PPBI (Security Workers Union, aligned with the United Movement of Labour Indonesia) is calling for solidarity from unions and individuals.
Statements and Press Releases
The attacks by the Islamic Defenders Front (FPI) against the two-week International Q! Film Festival which opened in Jakarta on September 24 is a violation of basic human rights and threatens democracy in Indonesia.
- Oppose US intervention in Venezuela
- Oppose US military bases in Columbia
- Support the fight against US imperialism in Latin America
Over the eight years of Venezuela Bolivarian Revolution, it has never been free of intervention, harassment and provocation by t
- Stop the slaughter of the Palestine people
- Fight Zionism and Israel’s political apartheid
- Justice and freedom for Palestine now!
Israel’s attack on a convey of six ships transporting humanitarian assistance for Gaza, the Freedom Flotilla, in international wat
Let us unite to overthrow the pro-imperialist government of SBY-Boediono and the rotten political elite. Replace them with a United Government of the Poor!
- Disband the TNI’s territorial command
- Liberate Indonesia from capitalism
- Arrest and try Marsinah’s killers
Marsinah was a woman worker who was militant and courageous.
- Allow the ILGA conference in Surabaya to go ahead
- Fight all forms of discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people
- Recognise the rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people to obtain education, healthcare, gainful employment, to organise
- Women must leave the home
- Fight capitalism, struggle for prosperity and equality
- Replace the SBY-Boediono capitalist government
- Abandon the rotten political elite
- Unite, for a united government of the poor
Women are not just housewives.
A new alliance or united front organization was formed in January in Indonesia to fight the current neo-liberal policies of the Indonesian government. Its leaflet calling for a January 28 protest action lists 17 organisations.