Jakarta – Metro Jaya regional police spokesperson Senior Commissioner Endra Zulpan says that protest actions against the recent fuel (BBM) price hike will be held by several different groups of protesters at a number of different points across Greater Jakarta (Jabodetabek) on Friday September 16.
Based on notifications receive by the Metro Jaya police, there will be at least 10 locations were demonstrations will be held in Jakarta, Depok, Tangerang and Bekasi.
"The total number of security personnel deployed will be 6,124", said Zulpan during his explanation.
The following are the 10 locations of the demonstrations and the names of the organisations involved.
House of Representatives (DPR) building
- The Industrial Chemicals, General Pharmacy and Health Trade Union Federation (FSB KIKES KSBSI) National Leadership Board
- The Nusantara Student Secretariat (SEMAR-Nusantara)
- The Solid Youth Front (GPS) Central Coordinator
- The People's Command Front (KOBAR)
Jakarta City Hall
- The Red-and-White Youth Network
Horse Statue and in front of the National Cyber and Encryption Agency
- The Islamic Students Association (HMI)
- The Papua Student Front of Concern for Victims of Violence in Papua
Corruption Eradication Commission building
- The Indonesian Anti-Corruption and Social Activist Association (PAKSI)
Attorney General's Office
- The South-East Sulawesi Jakarta Anoa Youth Movement
Department of Energy and Mineral Resources
- The Indonesian Forum for the Environment (Walhi)
Ministry of Administrative and Bureaucratic Reform
- The Millennial Student Activist Movement (GAMM. PGRI Indraprasta University)
Jalan Margonda Raya, Depok city
- The Indonesian Militant Movement Crusaders (GMPI)
Bekasi municipal government offices
- The Youth Challenge Movement (GPM)
Tangerang mayor and chief public prosecutor's office
- The non-government organisation Banten People's Alliance (ARAK)
[Translated by James Balowski. The original title of the article was "10 Titik Demo Jabodetabek Hari Ini, 6.124 Polisi Dikerahkan".]