Activists on trial for inciting August protests released, placed under city arrest

Source
CNN Indonesia – February 14, 2026
Image
Caption
Delpedro Marhaen (right) and colleagues at Central Jakarta District Court – Undated (Antara)
Body

Jakarta – The Jakarta Legal Aid Institute (LBH Jakarta) says that the panel of judges at the Central Jakarta District Court have granted a request for a transfer of detention for three defendants in the alleged incitement case surrounding last year's August protests that ended in riots.

The defendants are Lokataru Foundation Director Delpedro Marhaen, Lokataru Foundation staff member Muzaffar Salim and @gejayanmemanggil account administrator Syahdan Husein.

This was conveyed by LBH Jakarta on its official account. LBH Jakarta Director Fadhil Alfathan also confirmed the information.

"The panel of Judges granted the request for a transfer of detention for Delpedro, Syahdan, and Muzaffar. Now, they are under city arrest", wrote the LBH in its posting on Saturday February 14.

According to LBH, the three were picked up from Salemba Detention Centre in Jakarta on the evening of Friday February 13.

"When they were declared to be under city arrest, there was no doubt on the judges party about allegations that the defendants would flee or destroy evidence", wrote the LBH.

Marhaen, the administrator of the @blokpolitikpelajar (Student Political Block) account, Salim, the administrator of the @gejayanmemanggil (Gejayan Calling) account, Husein, the administrator of the @aliansimahasiswamenggugat (Student Challenge Alliance) account along with Riau University student Khariq Anhar, have been charged with inciting the protests that ended in chaos last August.

Prosecutors said police found 80 collaborative posts of content of an inflammatory character intended to incite hatred against the government on Instagram, which was disseminated by the four individuals between August 24-29, 2025.

The four were charged with violating Article 28 paragraph 2 in conjunction with Article 45A paragraph 2 of Law Number 1/2024 on Electronic Information and Transactions (ITE Law) in conjunction with Article 55 paragraph (1) point 1 of the Criminal Code (KUHP).

Or the second charge, violating Article 28 paragraph 3 in conjunction with Article 45A of the ITE Law in conjunction with Article 55 paragraph (1) point 1 of the KUHP, or the third charge, violating Article 160 of the KUHP in conjunction with Article 55 paragraph (1) point 1.

Or the fourth charge, violating Article 76H in conjunction with Article 15 in conjunction with Article 87 of Law Number 35/2014 on Child Protection in conjunction with Article 55 paragraph 1 point 1 of the KUHP. (yoa/agt)

[Translated by James Balowski. The original title of the article was "LBH Sebut Pengalihan Penahanan Delpedro Cs Dikabulkan Hakim".]

Source: https://www.cnnindonesia.com/nasional/20260214152539-12-1328232/lbh-sebut-pengalihan-penahanan-delpedro-cs-dikabulkan-hakim

Country